YouTube is a social media platform for sharing and watching videos. This powerful American platform enjoys enormous popularity. However, like every other website, it can sometimes go down or crash. In this article, we explore some common errors you may encounter while using the app or website and offer ways to solve them.
Why use YouTube
As we said before YouTube is really popular. Almost 100 hours of video is uploaded to it per minute. Hence there is always something to watch. People can create their own channels and get monetized after some time. There is also a live stream option available. You can find videos of different topics on it. Some people even use this platform to improve their English. Some other people earn money by selling products or promoting companies that sponsor them. With a wide range of audiences, it’s a great place for branding getting your message to them.
Common errors and how to solve them
It may happen that videos don’t play, they play slowly or the problem may be something else entirely. Here are some common ways and fixes that may solve your problem.
- Check if Youtube is down: it rarely happens that YouTube has a complete outage. However, it is a good idea to check it when you face a problem. To do this you can use the Downdetector website. This website shows you if there are reports of YouTube outages and from where they are in the world. In case you find out YouTube is down, you may want to search for its news on the internet. If you realize that YouTube is only crashing for you, try the other steps.
- Check your internet connection: it might be the case that you can browse other websites yet your connection is not stable enough to watch videos on YouTube. Open the local troubleshoot page on your device and see if you can solve the errors.
- Restart your device: some background apps and smartphone issues may interfere with YouTube’s performance. Restarting your phone solves many small problems and can help you get rid of what is slowing you down.
- Update your device: if your operating system is not updated, YouTube may not be able to work properly. Ensure your Android or iOS device is not outdated in settings. Usually, you can know about this when you open the “About Phone” page on your mobile phone. Download and install the new version. Check if YouTube works well after this.
- Disable the extensions: some extensions can be incompatible with YouTube, removing them will tackle the issue. To view all the extensions you have installed, search in Chrome. You can see a slider beside each one. Click on it and it turns gray. Disable the extensions one by one and after turning each one off, reload the page to find out if the problem is solved.
- Clear your cache: every time you use the app it leaves out a small bit of data. In the long run, it accumulates and builds up a huge amount and causes trouble. The best way to clear the cache on iPhone is to uninstall and reinstall the application. Android users should go to their device settings and clear the cache from there.
- Update your browser: click on the three dots you can see on the top right corner of chrome. Click “help” and then “About Google Chrome”. On the page that comes up, you can see if any updated version is available. The process repeats for Firefox as well. Open menu, click “about Firefox”, a window opens that looks for the updates. Install and enjoy!
- Update YouTube application: Youtube is always launching newer versions. You must have the latest one on your device to make sure you benefit from the recent features and bug fixes. To do this open the Play Store app. In the menu, tap “My apps and games”. See if the label of YouTube says “update”. In that case, it’s time to download and install the newest version.
- Check date and time: YouTube may not be able to work properly if the date and time of your device are not synced with its servers. The easiest way to solve this is to let your network handle it.