Although Instagram and Facebook have become as a part of our daily life, sometimes we have to agree that it does come with some perils of its own.
People use social media to exchange their ideas and opinions with each other or to increase their friendship; however, some guys overstep the boundaries and the content may become offensive. When users encounter these people, Instagram has provided an option to report such accounts. But the question is; how many reports are needed for Instagram to disable a specific account?
In this article, we are going to discuss the possible answers.
How many reports?
The fact is that there is no exact number for this question. No one except Instagram knows exactly how their algorithm works, so we really cannot know the answer. One of the possible reasons for this phenomenon is that some users are trying to cross out some accounts by reporting them continually because of personal issues, competition, or whatever. We all will agree on one thing; Instagram needs its users, so it has been seen that despite repeated attempts it might stay a bit unaffected by the subject.
Reasons contributing to account closing
In this section, we will list the possible reason which gives enough rationale to the server to abandon your account. According to Instagram policies, these actions will put you in big trouble;
- Abuse: You have to avoid all manner of verbal violence if you do not want issues with Instagram. You should know the app is strongly against harassment, insults, or intimidation in any place on the platform, including comment sections and private chats.
- Threats: Any involvement in threatening other Instagram users on the platform, whether through comments or even the private chatting medium, will lead to your account’s abandonment. If a user reports an account for threatening them or even another user, with just enough evidence, the erring account could be deleted.
- Animal violence: Any content that depicts the graphic suffering of animals will be erased by Instagram. This is a platform that encourages humane treatment of all animals, so if your post flouts this rule and it is noticed by Instagram, your account would be deleted immediately.
- Violent content: Instagram does not allow its users to post anything that has to do with violence on the app. If the user has a track record of posting things like that, then they might just delete the whole page altogether. An account that posts recorded videos of scenes like rape, murder, or abuse of any sort would get deleted at some point once it is noticed and reported.
- Content for 18+: Any type of content that is related to pornography in any way is not allowed on Instagram. It doesn’t matter whether it is in picture form or videos. If an account posts content that depicts pornography, and it is reported or noticed, then such an account would be deleted immediately. There is a laxity when it comes to some level of pictorial bodily exposure, but still, there is a limit.
- Identity fraud: If you are trying to be who you are not, you will get into some trouble with Instagram. It does not even matter if the identity that is faked is that of a celebrity or even a regular joe or sue. So once an account has been caught shifting this balance by stealing identities, the immediate response would be to delete the account once and for all. The whole aim of creating a fake account or stealing people’s identities is always to deceive people and get away with their cash or properties so this particular offense is very important for Instagram.
- Racism: If a user posts videos or pictures that blatantly prove that he or she is in support of racism and these videos or pictures are reported, the posts would be taken down, and the account would be deleted for good. Instagram does not support racism or any act that tends towards it, and they are very strict about their response to those types of actions.
- Copyright: A lot of pictures and videos and even audio content all over the internet are usually copyrighted. Sometimes, even though the content is copyrighted and you go ahead to use it, you might not get into trouble. But the dangerous thing is that the moment your account is reported, your account would get deleted.
- Spam: Instagram does not take kindly to spam content. It is one of the major reasons users get in trouble with Instagram because they post spam content unknowingly at times. Repetitive comments in which products or services are offered, links are requested, or links are pasted; all these types of content are regarded as spam. There are strict punishments put in place regarding spam content, and sometimes it could lead to the erring account getting deleted.
How to report an Instagram account correctly
Now in this section, we are going to see how we can report a certain account more efficiently. The first thing is your reason. You have to decide why you want to report a person. There are three options;
- Block this user: this option is only to protect yourself from a specific account. In this case, the owner of the account would be able to continue using their account as though nothing happened
- Restriction: the goal of this method is to give a user that is feeling uncomfortable their privacy without having to get confrontational. Once you restrict an account, you and your followers would not see the comments or interactions of the mentioned account
- Report user: this is the option you are 100% sure to report the account to Instagram. In this case, you have to provide a logical reason for that and you are comfortable with this thing
Instagram has an efficient system to receive reports and spam from users but unfortunately, there is no certain threshold for abandoning inappropriate accounts. The only thing we are sure about it is that these reports are not going to be overwritten by Instagram and it will affect Instagram’s insight into that account.