Instagram has set some boundaries in using the clickable link in bio to protect its users, especially teens, and prevent spams. Be more cautious when you want to use this single URL on Instagram to draw benefits and try not to get yourself blocked.
What Is “Instagram Link Not Allowed” Error?
The persistence of social media in this digital world is unquestionable; it’s all about staying in touch with friends and family and, of course, about sharing information effortlessly. So why not share links on it to drive traffic and increase our visibility to the whole world?
Instagram is one of the popular social networks in which you can share links yet with some limitations and under certain conditions. That is to say, you can only put a single clickable URL in your bio and are not allowed to have it in your post captions. It’s also possible to share an Instagram link in your stories only if you have a business account and more than 10,000 followers. But that’s not all you need to know about using Instagram links in this platform. Instagram has set some boundaries in this regard to protect its users, especially teens, and prevent spams.
Some of these restrictions are summarized as below:
· Shortened links such as bitly are not usually allowed because it’s unclear what you’re linking to.
· Links to adult websites or explicit content are not allowed.
· A certain link which is appearing on several accounts within a short period is not permitted.
· Links encouraging others to follow you on another service are not approved on Instagram
· Fake URLs may be blocked.
· URLs containing elements or misspellings of Instagram might get blocked.
· Links to your Snapchat or Telegram are not supported.
· Links to Etsy shops in any format are not allowed.
· Sometimes, Instagram doesn’t let you put a certain link just because of your WiFi connection!
· Affiliate links may be blocked.
· Your account may be reported or blocked if you share the links of other people’s contents without permission.
You will get below error message if you do one of the above:
Your account may be frozen; as a result, meaning you cannot get into it. In this case, contact Instagram support or wait a few days, hoping for the return of your account. But if none of these worked, you have no choice but to remove your account and to create a new one.
However, if your account is still available, I can provide you some ways to fix the error.
How to fix “Instagram link not allowed”?
There are several things you can do to fix this error, depending on the root cause of the problem. First, check your link for typos and then try the following solutions. I hope they will work for you.
· Use iLink to convert multiple Instagram links into one
The easiest way to tackle this problem is to merge all your links, even those considered spammy by Instagram, and use one single iLink URL in your bio.
· Change your IP address
If the problem is with your network, you can solve it by changing the IP address. Don’t know if you knew it already or not, but restarting your WiFi will assign a new IP address to your device.
· Restart or turn off your mobile phone
It will not harm if you turn off your cellular phone or put it in airplane mode for about 2-3 minutes as a possible solution to this error.
· Change Router Configuration
Go to the homepage of your router and log in. Click on Network Connection in Select My Network tab. Then, select Broadband (Ethernet) under Rule Name and go to settings. Click on Renew > Release > Apply.
· Debug your blog
Debug your web page by typing it in the box at Facebook debugger and running the URL through it before posting.
Multiple Instagram link in bio
Now, many Instagram users might know that Inserting any links in the Instagram bio is easy. All you need is going to your Instagram profile, and using the “Edit Profile” section, paste the link in the website section.
However, users may face issues regarding the Instagram link in bio, such as having multiple Instagram links. Instagram does not allow users to have multiple links in bio, though it is possible using iLink.
How iLink helps to insert multiple Instagram links in bio?
You can create a landing page with all links and URLs you have. Then insert the iLink URL in your Instagram bio.
To use this trick:
- Go to iLink and sign up.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to set up your account.
- Using the “add link” button insert your links
- Check the preview
- When you’re done, copy your unique iLink URL on the top left
- Paste the URL in Instagram bio using “Edit Profile.”
Wrap it up
Instagram has its policies and rules, just like any other social media platform. These rules are there to keep the community clean and protect its members against spams and other potential risks. Be more cautious when you want to use that one Instagram link in bio to draw benefits and try not to get yourself blocked.