Social media is all about sharing your data with your friends, doing some chats, and enjoying your time. Facebook, as a famous social media, has the responsibility to amuse its users, too. However, sharing other users’ posts depends on the privacy settings that the author has set for the post.
We will show in this article how to make a post shareable on Facebook and let your other friends enjoy your lovely page.
Facebook post privacy settings
There are many options when posting your content on Facebook, categorized under “Edit Audience.” There are several privacy modes on this platform;
- One: Public
It is visible to anyone on the internet, and it is not essential if the viewer has an account on Facebook or not.
- Two: Friends
Only the people on your friend list will be able to see your posts.
- Three: Friends Except
You can exclude anybody from your friend’s list if you don’t want them to view your posts with this option.
- Four: Specific Friends
Only the selected friends will be able to view the post.
- Five: Only Me
Nobody except you can see the post that you have published.
- Six: Custom
This mode is a combination of the “Friends Except” and the “Specific Friends” option.
How to make a post shareable on Facebook
Now it is time to do some steps to make your posts shareable by users. Note that the instructions for doing this job on the Facebook app and Facebook website are a little different, so that we will discuss them separately.
Making posts shareable on the Facebook app
If you are using your mobile device or the application version of Facebook on PC, you can follow these steps to make your posts shareable ;
- Firstly, log in to your account and navigate the post you want to make it shareable.
- Next, click on the “three-dot” icon located in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the “Edit Privacy” button from the list
- Finally, choose the “Public” option from the list to make the post shareable.
Making posts shareable on the Facebook website
If you are using the web version of Facebook, you can also manage privacy settings to create shareable posts on your page. Here we go;
- Before anything, open your browser, log in to your account, and navigate to the post you want to make public.
- Next, click on the “three-dot” icon to the top right of the post you want to change.
- Now, select the “Edit Audience” button from the drop-down list. A list of audience options will appear.
- Finally, choose the “Public” option from the list of available options to make the most shareable.
How to make your post public while you are creating it
You also can make your post shareable once you have created it. Similar to the previous section, we will explain the method both in application and website versions.
- Click on the “What is on your mind?” prompt on your profile or timeline.
- Then, under your name, click the first drop-down icon to change privacy settings.
- Next, select the “Public” tab from the list and tap on “Done.”
- Finally, finish editing and click on “Post.”
- First, click on the “What is on your mind?” field to create a new post
- Now, you will see the audience settings under your name. Click on the drop-down menu icon.
- After that, choose the “Public” tab from the list of a
- vailable options to make the most shareable.
- Finish your post and click on “Post” to publish it.
How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook for a Private Group
If you are in a private group, you have noticed that the posts will not be shared outside of the group. If you are trying to make your posts shareable for other users, follow these steps;
- Create a new post and make sure that the post is sharebale to the public.
- Next, click on the “Share” button on the lower right corner of your post to open the drop-down menu.
- Now, choose “Share to Group” and then select your private group.
In the end, the post should be shared on the private group. If anybody wants to share it outside, they can refer to the original post and share it from there.
Thank you for reading this article. Making a post shareable is not an issue that makes any trouble unless you have made some mistakes in the above instructions. If still there is a problem with your post, try sending a request to Facebook and asking for help.