Until recently, Snapchatters who love to use the Snapchat app regularly and upload pictures in a huge count had a problem with Snapchat. But now they can make a public profile with just a few clicks.
It is been around a year since Snapchat rolled out basic Public profiles to everyone. By this profile, it can tell you are a regular, active user which now can put a step further. To receive this profile, you will need to have at least 5000 Subscribers and also apply to Snapchat’s program using a Google form.
How to create a public profile on Snapchat
Now it is time to start our work. To create our public profile, we need two main steps which are “Going public” and “Making public profile”. Here we go;
Part one: Going Public
- Open your Snapchat and then click on your profile icon which is located top left corner of the screen
- You will see the new screen with profile details. Click on the “Gear” icon in the right corner.
- Choose the “WHO CAN….” tab and change all the settings under it like given here:
- Contact Me: change it to “Everyone”
- Send Me Notifications: change it to “Everyone”
- View My Story: change it to “Everyone”
- See My Location: select “My Friends”
- Use My Cameos Selfie: change it to “Everyone”
- See Me in Quick Add: turn it on
- After changing all the settings, close the Snapchat app and restart it.
- Finally, your profile became a public account on Snapchat and now your friends and other people will see you in suggestions and find your posts on the platform.
Part two: Make a Public Profile
- Open the Snapchat app and click on your profile icon.
- According to the app version, you will be seen the latest option called “Add to Snap Map” under “Stories” or the “Spotlight & Snap Map” section. Click on the “3-dot” icon near this option and then select “Create Public Profile”
- Now, Snapchat will introduce you to all the new features given by a Tier 1 Public Profile.
- Tap on “Continue” at the bottom of your screen to continue to the next step. After that, click the “Get Started” button
- It will display a disclaimer about creating a Public Profile for one last time. Tap on the “Create” to finish the process.
Editing your profile on Snapchat
If you want to edit any element of your public profile such as your bio, profile photo, and other public information, you can follow these steps;
- Click on your Story icon at the top of the screen to go to “My Profile”
- Click on your Public Profile card under “Profile Management”
- Tap on the “Edit” button.
I hope this note could be helpful. Note that Users who are 18 and above can opt for creating Snapchat Public Profile and also, your profile will be always checked by the servers based on the rules. If you fail to find the “Create Public Profile” option in your app versions, then go with the VPN help and change your location to the USA.