One of the main attractions of social media is that you can share your favorite photos, thoughts, and opinions with your friends or the general public. Facebook, as one of the most popular social networks in the world, has made it easy for you to share. If you want to know how you can share a post on Facebook or have trouble doing so, read on.
To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Facebook homepage, click “What’s on your mind”
- There is a security button below your Facebook profile name. If you click on it, you can change it:
General Option – Anyone can share the post you share on Facebook or offline by clicking this button.
Friends option – By clicking on this option, your post will be shared only with those you like on Facebook.
Special friends option – Your post can only be shared by people you specify.
Only me option – This option means that only you can share this post.
Custom – With this option, you can create a list of specific people you want to view the post.
Finally, click on the post to see its message. This post will then be shared by those you specify.
How can we share a post after posting it on Facebook?
If you have posted in the past but have not yet changed your security settings, do not worry; Because the security settings of old posts are still editable. To do this, you must perform the following steps in order:
- First, you need to find something in your history that you want to share with others.
- Then click on the small icon below your profile name, right next to the posting date.
- The Security Settings menu should appear here. Then you have to choose the right settings you want.
- Finally, when you click on your selection, the change will be applied to the post automatically. Now people with permission can easily share your post.
How to create a shareable Facebook post for a private group
If you are a member of a private Facebook group, anything you post in that group cannot be shared outside the group. But if you want others to be able to share the post you created in your private Facebook group, you should do the following:
- Create the post in your timeline first. Then make sure everyone can share your post.
- Then in the lower right corner of the post, click the share button to open the drop-down menu.
- In this menu, select the group sharing option. Then select the private group you are a member of.
This will allow the post to be shared in a private group. But anyone else who wants to share it outside the group has to go to the main post and share it from there.
How to share a post for a Facebook group?
If you are a member of a Facebook group that is open to the public, you can share everything you post in that group if you set the security settings to public.
How to share a post without public posting on Facebook?
You can easily specify the desired group or your friends except for certain people. This will allow you to share a post but not make it public. But you should keep in mind that if you post a message on someone else’s Facebook, that person can specify who can share that post.
How to create a Facebook post on a shareable page
To be able to share posts on a particular page, you need to do the following:
- You must first click on the pages at the top left of your Facebook homepage.
- In the next step, the list will open for you. From this list, you must select a page that has the post you want to share.
- Then find the post you want and click on the share option at the bottom right of the post to share it with others. Keep in mind that all posts on the page are set to public security by default and cannot be changed. And anyone who has access to a page can share a post.
How to create a shareable post in the Facebook app
The Facebook app is not much different from its web version and its settings are almost the same as the website. In the Facebook app to do the security settings for your post, you need to do the following:
- First, like the Facebook web version, click on What’s on your mind on your Facebook homepage.
- Next, click on the security icon below your profile name to change the existing settings.
- All of the choices are the same as those described above for the Facebook web version.
How to share Facebook posts outside of Facebook
You must first click on the post date you want to share. Then copy the URL of the post in the address box. In the last step, paste this copied address in the desired location. By doing this, you have shared your desired post outside of Facebook.
In this article, we told you the ways to share your Facebook post. Sharing posts on a website and the Facebook app is almost the same. Also, the settings are simple and you can easily set the ability to share your posts. We hope we have answered all your questions. If you have a question, you can write it in the comments for us.