If you are one of those people who spend all of their time on Snapchat and Instagram, you should find a job that makes the most of your social media savvy.
Imagine a place where you don’t have to cover your phone screen when your boss walks by so he does not get you rechecking your Instagram or Facebook. Or a workplace where it is considered an obligatory to be stuck to your phone, tapping and scrolling through Instagram.
Well, this is not just a dream, it can be real, and you could be a part of it, getting paid to help businesses successfully market their services and products on social media.
We have found ten social media jobs in the digital marketing area where you would spend at least part of your 9-to-5 scrolling, sharing and liking with the society.
1- Marketing manager
Marketing managers used to run commercial campaigns in newspapers, magazines, television commercials and billboards. Now businesses are spending considerable amounts of their marketing budgets on website ads and social media.
- You will need: a bachelor’s degree. You can see a sample resume for marketing manager here.
- Earnings: $90,000 per year
You will be in charge of writing engaging copies for their social network posts. You should promote a brand in 150 characters or less.
- You will need: it is helpful to have at least an undergraduate degree in English, communications or marketing.
- Earnings: $60,500 per year
3- Art director
Art directors are the ones who are responsible for the aesthetic imagery you see in offline and online advertisements, such as social media content. They produce the photo and video shoots for campaigns on Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat.
- You will need: a bachelor’s degree in photography, art, design or journalism. You can see a sample resume for the art director here.
- Earnings: $89,700 per year
4- Graphic designer
Graphic designers produce creative photos and images using software such as Photoshop. They create illustrations, motion graphics like GIFs, designs and Cinemagraphs. Graphic designers know how to create informative, engaging social media content.
- You will need: a bachelor’s degree in art, graphic design or a similar field is usually required. You can see a sample resume for a graphic designer here.
- Earnings: $50,000 per year
5- Public relations specialist
Public relations specialists have to help brands, and people perform a positive public image. They help to monitor brand perception on social media platforms and share press hits, and press releases on social media.
- You will need: a bachelor’s degree with a specialization in journalism, writing, communications, business or English. You can see a sample resume for PR here.
- Earnings: $57,000 per year
6- Customer service representative
People are likely to take to Instagram, Facebook, and even twitter when they have a complaint or question. Customer service agents spend time answering social network comments and messages to solve problems and increase customer satisfaction.
7- You will need:
A bachelor’s degree, or just a high school diploma. You can see a sample Customer service representative resume for here.
- Earnings: $31,700 per year
8- Film and video editor
Videos can bring good engagements for you on social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and YouTube. Video editor would create brief content that lives exclusively on social media platforms.
- You will need: a bachelor’s degree, preferably in broadcast journalism, film or marketing.
- Earnings: $55,000 per year
9- Social media marketing manager (account manager)
They should work with in-house agent heads with an organization or at an agency; they will be responsible for being the main contact for the customer, social media team, content team and other people to conceive marketing strategies.
- You will need: a bachelor’s degree in marketing or managing. You can see a sample Customer service representative resume for here.
- Earnings: 124,000 per year
10- Promotion manager
It is said that social media is “pay to play” _ this means that a business or a brand should spend money to get more users to see it’s content on social media.
You have to produce purchased media strategies, as well as purchasing encouragements like sweepstakes, sales, contests, and coupons.
you can also use automation tools such as Instagram bots, to save more free time for yourself and automate the routine process.
- You will need: a bachelor’s degree, in marketing or business.
- Earnings: $124,000 per year
And that’s it.
We hope you enjoyed this article.
Please share our articles with your friends and leave us a comment below.