Google+ presents a social platform that you can use to build a significant web presence for you and your brand. When people search for you on Google, one of the first results will be your Google+ profile.
By including your business information in your Bio profile _ such as your website link or your products _ and making it public, a quick search for you on Google would provide potential customers for links and information about your brand.
How to write a Google profile Bio?
- Log in to your G+ account, and the main Google timeline shows up.
- Click on the “profile” icon on the left side of the screen.
- Click the “About link” and after that “Edit profile” button.
- Click on the “introduction” header to edit your Bio. You can write about yourself or your brand in plain text.
- This information will appear in Google searches when customers search for you.
The G+ profile includes these sections:
- Basic information
- Contact information
How should my G+ Bio look like?
You should write a Bio that advertises you and your brand. There are no length limitations, so you can include as much information as you like. However, only a small part initially appears in a Google search, so you should put important information on the top.
- you can use font effects such as bold and italic and lists, but don’t over-use them, because they can make your profile look too crowded.
- You can add a link to your website or email, by:
- Highlight the texts
- Click on the link button on the editing menu
- Write the URL of your email or site in the link window
- Tap enter and done!
- Choose an access type such as “Public,” ”Extended circles,” “your circles” or “only you.”
“Public” allows everyone to see your profile.
“Extended circles” allows people in your circles and their circles to view your profile.
“Your circles” allows only people in your circle to see your profile.
“Only you” will lock your profile as private.
- your G+ introduction should include:
-what you are passionate about
-what type of content you will share
-a brief story of yourself
-social media and contact information
-why people would like to circle you.
- After editing your profile Bio, you should click on the “save” button, and you are all done!
- After that, you can search your name on Google to see if your G+ account shows up or not. But remember you should be public for that.
As I mentioned before, the story section is one of the most critical parts of your G+ profile, fill it today and let yourself be verbose, not pompous.