As you know that fan plays the most important role in any PC. They keep the system cool thereby enhancing every bit of its performance, especially at the time you play the game.
So what if I tell you that you can have the software that can control your fan the way you want? Well, in this article you will come to know about the best software that can control your fan speed according to your PC’s temperature requirement.
However, there are numerous ways to control your fan speed and a manual fan controller is one of them. But the process is a bit hectic as it requires lots of technical work. Therefore, the automatic option is always considered to be the best for controlling fan speed.
Why The CPU Fans Are So Loud?
The CPU fans turn out to be loud when your system starts becoming too hot or overheated. The fans in this situation start moving too fast to cool down your PC by moving the hot air out of the system.
Moreover, sometimes clogged dust on your fan also makes it too noisy. However, fans play a crucial role at the time when your system starts ejecting hot air or becomes too hot while running a high-graphics game. It eliminates the heat by increasing its RPM and cools down your system thereby preventing the PC from any hardware damage.
Motherboard, on the other part, flows the system’s overheating information to the CPU fans thereby instructing it to adjust its RPM to get the hot air out of the PC.
Every PC comes at least with 3 fans. Exhaust or intake fans are at the front or back side and the power supply fan or the heatsink fan is at the back side of your system. Now let’s discuss the fan controller software for your Windows 11 & 10.
|Fan Controller Software||Supported Platforms||Pricing|
|SpeedFan||Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, Windows 7, 2008, Windows 8, Windows 10 & Windows Server 2012.||Free|
|NoteBook FanControl||Windows 7, 8 & Windows 10||Free|
|ZOTAC FireStorm||Windows 7/8 & 10||Free|
|HW Monitor||All Windows version||Free|
|Open Hardware Monitor||Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 and any x86 based Linux OS without installation.Run both on 32-bit and 64-bit||Free|
SpeedFan comes at the top of the list. It monitors the voltages and controls fan speeds and temperature in your PC with a hardware monitor chip.
- Regulates temperature access and voltages.
- Supports SCSI disk.
- Access S.M.A.R.T info and displays hard disk performance.
- It also displays PC variables as charts & indicators.
|Highly customizable.||Not fit for beginners.|
|Organized perfectly and has a clear interface.||Some functions doesn’t work.|
|Send Email notices.|
2. NoteBook FanControl
The second best fan control software is NoteBook FanControl. It gives access to its users to control the PC fan speed. It has a user-friendly interface. As once installed, it incorporates the system’s taskbar. It is suitable for beginners because of its simple interface.
- It provides real time fan speed and CPU temperature reading.
- It comes with a simple slider situated at the middle of the main menu that can control the fan speed.
- It allows enable & disable of fan control service.
- Allows automatic launching at the startup.
- Ease at use.
|Compatible to all laptop brands.||It has controlled & fixed integration.|
|Easy to use.|
3. ZOTAC FireStorm
Best freeware fan control software is ZOTAC FireStorm. Well, this has not gained popularity as others but is good enough to control the fan speed on your system.
- It both monitors & controls the fan speed of Nvidia Graphics card.
- It has Graphics card modification utility.
- It provides a dedicated monitoring section to view real-time temperature, clock & fan speeds.
- It gives the privilege to view immediate fan speed and modify it accordingly.
|Display overclocking.||Consists minor bugs.|
|Having user friendly & latest interface.||Disability to monitor CPU fans.|
|Free Software.||Unable to examine other companies’ graphics card leaving Nvidia.|
4. HW Monitor
HW Monitor comes with trusted hardware monitoring and System fan controller software. It has free utility and is compatible with all Windows versions. And also has a simple interface which is simple to use.
- It keeps the track of maximum & minimum fan speed of both cabinet fans & CPU on its interface.
- It monitors real-time speed of CPU fan & at least three cabinet fans.
- It saves entire interface data in the form of TXT file.
- User friendly interface.
- Available for both 32 & 64-bit version.
- It keeps the regular track on Motherboard & processor’s voltage and temperature.
|It has precise & well organized software.||It offers no alerts, self-supervision of things.|
|It updates the data immediately.||Supports new hardware.|
|Ease at use.|
|Small & Speedy.|
5. Open Hardware Monitor
Open Hardware Monitor is another powerful software that changes fan speed in Windows 10. It is a freeware program that also manages voltages, temperature sensors and clock speeds of a Windows PC/laptop.
These are more similar to the SpeedFan controller software and also give it tough competition.
- It displays the monitored values in the main windows on a customizable desktop or on the system tray.
- It displays sensors like Nvidia Video cards & ATI.
- It also access to S.M.A.R.T hard drive temperature.
- Compatible both to 32 & 64-bit.
- It supports latest hardware monitoring chips.
|Clear and organized interface.||It has minor bugs in its beta release.|
|Highly customizable.||Not suitable for average system users.|
So above are the 5 best fan controller software you can use to customize fan speed on your computer. The article contains every pros, con and the key feature of the fan controller software so that you can choose the best compatible software among the 5 mentioned for your PC/laptop.
I hope the covered-up information helps you to make the best choice thereby letting you solve the problem of how to control PC fans.
No comments yet. Be the first one to leave a thought.