On Facebook, you
will receive updates about any activity through notifications. Depending on the
platform you are using, they are of different types such as red alert, email or
push notifications. These alerts inform you about new friend
requests or ulpoaded a photo edited with the facebook picture editor. And Facebook has notifications of different events and some of you are waiting for more than usual. For example, you have made a new video in a free video editor and are waiting for comments from your friends.
Sometimes you come across the problem that these alerts are not working. To solve this issue, some solutions are provided as below:
1. Make sure App Notification is turned on
your notification has been turned off unexpectedly due to some bug in the
system caused by an app or other unknown reasons. To turn it on again in iOS
mobile phones, enable ‘’Allow
Notifications’’ for Facebook in settings of your phone.
Android mobile phones, go to “Application Manager” in settings and tap
“Notification” on Facebook and switch it on from the Facebook app.
Google Chrome or Firefox, as stated in the Facebook help center, first make sure your
browser is up to date, then log in to Facebook, and then:
How to turn
Facebook notifications on and off:
- Click on the upside-down triangle in the upper right corner and go to Settings.
- Go to Notifications on the left menu.
- Here, you can turn notifications on for all sorts of activity. They are clearly categorized as comments, tags, reminders, birthdays, etc.
2. Clear cache memory
Applications store files
in “cache” for later reference as you use them. When you visit any page on your
browser, the logos and images and other items are downloaded to increase the
later load speed and save you time and data. If you want to have more space or
fix a malfunctioning app, erase cache memory.
Fix Facebook notifications not working on Android or iPhone
an app will erase all app data, not only its cache. So, if you have important
files in an app it’s not wise to go for uninstalling. First, try to clear cache
memory as below and if it doesn’t work try other solutions.
For iPhone, you
can clean up all cache data by using a professional iOS clear
cache which can be found simply by googling it.
Android, follow the following steps
- Tap the Storage heading in your phone Settings.
- Tap the Other Apps heading.
- Find Facebook or Messenger app.
- Tap the Clear Cache button.
want to clear cache data from your desktop browser, note that each type of
browser requires a different method.
notifications not working on Chrome, Firefox, Explorer
You can use the clear
cash method for your browsers also. Follow the instructions bellow:
- Press the “Alt” key on your keyboard to make the top menu
- Click “Tools,” then click “Clear Recent History.”
- Select “Everything” from the “Time range to
clear” drop-down menu.
- Click the arrow next to “Details.”
- Place a check in the box next to “Cache” and remove a check in
the box next to any other item.
- Click “Clear Now” to clear your cache for Facebook and all other
- Click the “Tools” icon, then click “Internet Options.”
- Click “Delete” under “Browsing History.”
- Remove the check in the box next to “Preserve Favorites website
- Click “Delete” to clear your cache for Facebook.
- Click the “Tools” icon, then click “Options.”
- Navigate to the “Under the Hood” tab.
- Click “Clear Browsing Data.”
- Click to select “Everything” from the drop-down menu.
- Place a mark next to “Empty the cache” and remove marks from all
- Click the “Clear browsing data” button to clear your cache for
3. Check for power saving modes
Data restriction enabled
by power saving modes or a third party battery saving apps such as Greenify can
cause Facebook, Messenger or any other app to misbehave in unexpected ways.
chances are if you uninstall the doubtful third-party software, your Facebook app
starts to function properly again.
4. Update Facebook App
If you have an older version of the Facebook app on your cellphone, it may misbehave for no specific reason. So, update it from App Store if you have an iPhone. If it’s not updated it will be shown on the list of apps that need to be updated.
- Open Google play store.
- Search for “Facebook” and click on the app.
- If you see ”update” instead of “open”, it means Facebook is out of date. Click on “update”.
5. Reinstall the app
If the problem still exists, you have no choice but to delete Facebook and install it once more.
For iPhone users, you should tap and hold down on the Facebook app without exerting much pressure. After the app icon begins to shake, tap the (X) button on the top right corner of the app and click ‘’Delete. Then download it from App Store
For Android users, press and hold Facebook and drag it to the trash bin at the upper left corner. Then, download it from Play Store.