There’s still time to run an excellent holiday Facebook contest! If you need some last-minute holiday-contest inspiration for your Facebook, you can find it here. And if you want some motivation for pulling such a contest together, then you should know:
64% of Facebook users state they are likely to share a link to a holiday contest or giveaway.
Remember to offer a prize related to your brand. If you give away something valuable that isn’t aligned with your brand, you run the risk of reaching a bunch of people who follow and engage with you only because they want to win that expensive prize. Here are some joyful Facebook contest ideas that you can get up in minutes, whether you create campaigns or run simple Timeline promotions.
Facebook Holiday photo contests
It isn’t hard to get your followers to upload pictures; a typical Facebook user uploads an average of 2017 picture each, every year.
- Cutest couple picture contest
Theme: the ugliest holiday sweater, best Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus or elf couple.
- Christmas decorating photo contest
Theme: nature, handicrafts, ornaments, animal, patriotic, retro, etc.
- Family holiday photo contest
Theme: most creative or awkward family holiday photos.
Facebook content contests
An essay contest is just a contest that involves text rather than photo or video. You can let your Facebook community vote for their favorite topic.
- Holiday recipe contest
Ask your audience about their favorite holiday recipe.
- Holiday storytelling contest
Have your Facebook followers share a brief description of their favorite holiday tradition.
- Dear Santa letter contest
Ask your audience to write letters to Santa about why they should win in your competition.
Status updates for timeline promotions
- “All I want for Christmas is … “, Write the name of the gifts you want to get this Christmas, and you’re entered to win. The winner will be chosen randomly.
- “The movie or song that best describes the holidays for me is…” Post the title of your favorite holiday song or movie title here, and you’re entered to win. The winner will be chosen randomly.
- “I found out the truth about Santa…” Tell us your story here, and you’re entered to win. The winner will be chosen randomly.
- “The most memorable holiday food I’ve ever had was when…” Tell us your story here, and you’re entered to win. The winner will be chosen randomly.
- “The one New Year’s resolution that I kept was ….” Let us know the resolution, and you’re entered to win. The winner is chosen at random.
- “My 2015 New Year’s resolution is ….” Let us know the resolution, and you’re entered to win. The winner will be chosen at random.
In multi-day giveaways, you will give out prizes every day for a specific period (for example 12days of Christmas or 8 days of Hanukkah) which can bring you a lot of engagement on Facebook because people come back again and again to enter
- A Product–a-Day Giveaway: line up awards for every day of your giveaway.
- A Promotion-a-Day Giveaway: reveal a specific promotion code for a free shipping or discount that expires at the end of giveaway day.
- A combination Giveaway: share digital prizes such as coupons, promo codes, and discounts, during your multi-day giveaway.
That’s it, guys.
You can run one of the contests above and share the result with us on comments.