here are lots of unique and educational videos on YouTube, so that millions of subs and users visit the platform every day. However, some videos on YouTube were previously a podcast, or just their audio is helpful; therefore, some people want to download them as MP3 files.
This post will explain how to convert YouTube videos to MP3 files, and no matter if you are using a desktop, Android, or even an iOS device.
Is it possible to convert from Youtube to MP3?
The answer is yes. You can find thousands of applications or websites which can convert YouTube videos to almost any known format in the world (except for text formats, sorry!!!). You can find some of these apps on Google Play or the App Store.
We will learn how to download MP3 from YouTube on different devices in the following sections.
How to convert from Youtube to MP3 on iPhone
If you decide to convert from YouTube to mp3 on your iOS device, you can use the “Documents by Readdle” app to do it. To download mp3 from YouTube on your iPhone, follow these steps;
- Go to AppStore, and tap on the “Search” button on the ride side of the screen.
- Now type “Documents by Readdle” on the search bar.
- Click on the “Get” option next to the “Documents by Readdle” heading. Now, enter your Touch ID or Apple ID password when prompted.
- As you download “Documents by Readdle,” open the application on your phone.
- Now, you need to open the app’s web browser. To do that, click on the Safari icon in the lower-right corner of your screen, and then decline if asked to type your email address.
- Next, clear any text from the address bar at the top of the screen, and then enter “genyoutube.net” and click on the “Search” tab.
- You can search for one of your desired videos now. Since GenYouTube uses YouTube as a search engine, you are able to search any YouTube video on GenYouTube.
- Step eight: Select the video that you want to download into an MP3 format.
- Scroll down to the “Download Links” section and tap an MP3 link you see in the box. If you can’t see any link, you have to click on the “Back” button and re-select the video.
- As a pop-up window appears, you need to enter the name that you want to use for your MP3 file. To do that, type your name in the “Name” text box at the top of the screen.
- Click on the “Done” button in the top-right corner of the screen. Your file will begin downloading into the Documents app.
- Congratulations! You just need to click on the “Downloads” arrow at the bottom of the screen and tap on the MP3 file to listen.
How to convert from Youtube to MP3 on Android
To convert from YouTube to an MP3 file, you almost need no additional application, and we are going to do it with one of the online converting websites (here, we use YouTubeMP3). To convert online YouTube to MP3 on your Android device, follow these steps;
- First, open the YouTube app on your phone.
- Click on the “Search” icon in the top-right corner of your screen, and enter the name of the video you want to download. Scroll the search results and find your target video.
- Click on the “Share” button below the video’s play window so that a pop-up window will prompt.
- Click on the “Copy link” button in the pop-up window. The YouTube video’s link will be copied to your Android’s clipboard.
- Now, close your YouTube app, open your Chrome (or Firefox), and go to the YouTubeMP3 website.
- To enter your copied link, tap on the text box to bring up your Android’s on-screen keyboard, and then tap on the text box again and click on the “PASTE” tab when it appears as an option.
- Click on “CONVERT,” which is a red button near the middle of the screen. Your video will begin converting.
- As the converting process finishes, a green box saying “DOWNLOAD” will appear on your screen. Click on it to download your file.
- Finally, you can listen to your MP3 file. You can find your file in “File Manager” and in the “Downloads” section.
How to convert from Youtube to MP3 on a web browser
How to convert from YouTube to MP3 on your desktop? It is so easy. To make this possible, you have to follow these steps;
- Go to https://www.youtube.com_ in your web browser. This will open the YouTube home page. If your target video has an “age restriction,” you have to log into your account.
- Now, search for the video you want to convert. Scroll the search results and select your video. Note that if your video is in a playlist, you have to find a video that isn’t in a playlist. Otherwise, you cannot download the video since playlist addresses are not compatible with online converters.
- To copy the video’s address, click on the address bar at the top of the browser window to highlight the address, and press “Ctrl + C” (if you are using Windows) or “Command + C” (if you are using Mac).
- Now, you can open the converting website on the internet. As the method is almost the same for all of them, you use MP3Converter.net as an example.
- Click on the text field at the top of the screen, and then press “Ctrl + V” (if you are using Windows) or “Command + V” (if you are using Mac) to paste the address.
- Now, you have to choose the type of file your final product is going to be. Here, we will check the “.mp3” option.
- Click on “Start,” which is a green button near the bottom of the screen. As you click on it, the file will start converting.
- Finally, click on the green “Download your converted file” on the left side of the page when prompted.
Thank you for reading the post. As you see, converting YouTube videos to MP3 files is too easy, and you can run the process on almost any device you have. You can use either online websites or applications to convert online YouTube to MP3 format, and rarely you may encounter some errors.