Many people complain about having a limited music account in which there are only a few plays on it, and you have to listen to the same music several times. Now imagine you have got a nice, endless list of music and you are free to choose your desired one. This option can be found on Spotify’s premium version.
How do I get a premium on Spotify? It is so easy. If you are thinking about it, this post will show you how to get the Premium Spotify both on iPhone and desktop devices.
How to get a premium Spotify
As you know, users with a free Spotify version have only a limited music list, and also they have to view boring ads within the app.
According to the official website, Spotify Premium typically costs $9.99 per month. Still, if you are a university student in the USA, you can apply for “Spotify Premium Student,” which only costs $4.99 a month. The problem is you have to prove that you are a genuine student, and you should send your name and student email and the college ID.
We will show you how to get a Premium Spotify account on iPhone or desktop devices in the following sections.
How to get Spotify Premium on your iPhone
Let’s learn how do I get premium in Spotify on your iPhone. Note that the method is almost the same for all types of iOS-based smartphones. Follow these steps;
- First, open your iPhone and www.spotify.com in your phone’s web browser.
- Next, tap on the three stacked bars in the top-right of the screen, click on the “Log In” button, and enter your Spotify username and password to log into your account.
- After that, tap on the Account Overview menu bar at the top of your screen. From the appeared drop-down menu, click on the “Subscription” button.
- Now, you will be offered a free Spotify Premium trial. This option will allow you to try the Premium version free for a deadline of 30 days, and after that, you will be charged by $9.99 monthly subscription fee. In another plan, you can apply for a Student account for $4.99.
- If you click on “Try Premium Free,” you will receive a payment form page, in which you can either enter your credit card information or choose PayPal if you wish to pay with that. Finally, click on “Start 30-Day Trial Now” to begin your subscription.
How to get Spotify Premium on desktop
If you have a desktop device, we will show you how to get Premium on Spotify. Follow these steps;
- First, go to www.spotify.com and log into your account using your username and password.
- Now, look for the Upgrade option in the menu bar on the screen and click on it.
- As you can see, Spotify offers a free 30-day trial of their Premium service, and after that, you will be charged $9.99 per month. You can also purchase Student premium for $4.99.
- If you want to activate Spotify Premium, click on the “Start Free Trial” button.
- On the next step, enter your credit card info. You can also pay the fee via PayPal if you have an account.
- Finally, after filling in your credit card information, click on the “Start 30-Day Trial Now” button at the bottom of your screen, and your Spotify Premium subscription will begin. You need to charge $9.99 after 30 days.
Is there a way I can get Spotify premium for free?
The answer is yes. However, these methods cannot guarantee that you will receive a Spotify premium account, and you have to accept the risks. There are several ways to get a complimentary premium account;
- Borrow an account
This method is one of the simplest ways to get a premium account from your friend or family relative. However, you should know that multiple users can’t stream music using a single Spotify Premium account at the same time. Thus, if you try to listen on Spotify while someone else is using the account, you will get a pop-up message that the account is already being used on a different device.
You need to change your account to offline mode to solve this problem. Follow these steps;
- Open your Spotify app on your phone, and go to the “Home” tab.
- After that, click on the gear icon in the top right corner of your screen to go to settings.
- Now choose the “Playback” button
- Finally, click on the switch beside the “Offline” option to turn on Offline Mode.
- After choosing the offline mode, all files you haven’t downloaded will change to gray text and unavailable.
- Ask for a Spotify Premium Gift Card
The following method is getting a Spotify Premium Gift Card to purchase the account. Note that there are four types of the gift card and how long a Spotify Premium gift card lasts depends on the price.
The cheapest gift card costs $10 and gives you one month of Spotify Premium. Also, you can get a 30-dollar one, which lasts three months. If you are looking for something special, the 60-dollar and 99-dollar ones are the best options. The 60-dollar gift card can remain for six months, and you can use Spotify Premium for one year with the 99-dollar one.
If you have goy a Spotify gift card, follow these steps to redeem it;
- First, go to spotify.com/redeem, and log into your account.
- Now scratch off the cover at the back of the card to reveal the PIN.
- Next, type in the PIN found on the receipt.
- Finally, click on the “Redeem” button.
- You can enjoy your Spotify premium account now.
- Sign Up for an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Subscription
You can also get a free Spotify premium account by signing up for an Xbox Pass Ultimate Subscription. An Ultimate subscription costs $14.99 a month and gives you access to over 100 Xbox games, cloud gaming, and more offers. Furthermore, you get a four-month free Spotify Premium trial. However, never forget that this offer is available only if you haven’t tried the Spotify premium yet.
If you want to redeem the option, follow the steps;
- First, launch the Xbox Game Pass app on mobile, PC, or even console.
- Now go to the Perks gallery.
- Choose Spotify Premium as your perk.
- Step four: Finally, you can redeem the four-month free Spotify Premium trial by following a link to Spotify’s portal.
As a result, you will receive your Spotify Premium code through the Xbox Message Center.
- A Samsung Galaxy Smartphone or Tablet
If you live in the US, you can get a free Spotify premium account by buying a Samsung smartphone or tablet. To get the bonus, you need to have purchased the device anytime between May 4, 2021, and May 3, 2022. Of course, you need to redeem the offer by May 3, 2022, as well. Follow these steps to get the Spotify Premium;
- Open your Spotify app on your new phone or tablet and log into your account. If you don’t have any, create one.
- Click on the “Premium” tab in the bottom right corner of your phone’s screen.
- Next, tap on the “Spotify Premium for Samsung” button.
- Finally, select the “Try 3-Month Free” option to redeem the offer.
- Pay with Paypal
Yes, you can get the first three months of Premium for free by paying with Paypal. However, remember to cancel your subscription before the end of the three-month trial if you don’t want to pay the monthly fee. You can get your bonus by following these steps;
- Step one: Open the Spotify app on your phone.
- Step two: Now click on the Premium tab in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Step three: Click on the “Get Premium” button. The billing page will appear.
- Step four: Finally, Select PayPal from the payment options.
As a result, Spotify will then redirect you to PayPal’s website to complete your purchase.
- Get an AT&T Subscription
With AT&T subscriptions, you can also get a free Spotify Premium account, and it doesn’t matter if it is an AT&T Unlimited & More Premium, AT&T Connected Car, or AT&T Thanks.
If you have AT&T Unlimited & More Premium (which is the best option here), you can follow these steps to activate your Spotify Premium account;
- Set up an AT&T WatchTV account by going to the AT&T WatchTV website and selecting “Create an account.”
- Now, you will see a list of premium entertainment benefits offered by AT&T. Choose the “Spotify Premium” option from the list.
- Click on the “Confirm choice” button and then “Visit Spotify.”
- Now, you need to log into your Spotify account. A page will appear asking if you want to link your Spotify and AT&T accounts. Click on the “I Agree” option.
- Finally, choose the “Start Subscription Now” button.
Now you are allowed to enjoy your free Spotify Premium.
If you have AT&T Connected Car or AT&T THANKS, you are eligible for a six-month free Spotify Premium trial. The bad news is you can only claim the offer if you haven’t tried Spotify Premium before. To get your free Spotify trial, follow these steps;
- First, go to the AT&T THANKS website
- Next, select the “Start Trial” button. After that, log into your Spotify account, or sign up if you don’t have one.
- Choose a payment option, and enter your credit card or Paypal details.
- Finally, click on the “Open Premium” button to get started with your Spotify Premium free trial.
- A Spotify Premium One-Month Free Trial for newbies
If you don’t have to get a Spotify Premium account yet, you are eligible for a one-month free trial. If you can’t remember if you have got it before or not, you need to go to your Receipts page, or you have to check your email for any past messages from Spotify Premium. Follow these steps to activate the offer;
- First, go to Spotify’s official website and click on the “Start Free Trial” button.
- Next, you will be taken to the billing information page for a Spotify Premium Individual plan. If you want to try out another program, simply click on the “Change plan” button.
- Choose a payment method and enter your payment details in the next step.
- Finally, click on the “Start My Spotify Premium” button. Spotify will then take you to a confirming page that you are now on Premium.
Never forget that you can easily switch to another Spotify Premium plan at any point during the trial period.
Thank you for reading this post. To buy Spotify plays and followers is a very common topic and very easy process. Purchasing a premium Spotify account is also very easy, and if you are a student, you will have a better condition to get the account. You can also get a free Spotify Premium account by the methods explained above.
Although it rarely occurs, you may encounter a problem purchasing a premium subscription on Spotify. You can send a help request to the official website to resolve the issue.