Although many teens and adults are using Twitter in their free time, some people look different and more professional to Twitter, and they want to know what is strictly a “hot topic” on this platform. If you are going to learn what is trending on Twitter, read this post.
What does “trending” mean on Twitter?
By definition, a trend on Twitter refers to a hashtag-driven topic immediately popular at a particular time. Trends are determined by some algorithms that monitor hot subjects based on who you follow and where you are located. So, when a topic rates more than others on Twitter, it will consider as a “trending” topic.
A trending topic can be anything; it could be hot news from a celebrity or a political debate about a current national position. We will introduce methods to explore what is trending on Twitter in the next section.
How to discover what is trending on Twitter?
Now let’s talk about the methods. To be honest, there are generally three ways which you can use to see what is trending on Twitter; first, see the trending topics on the desktop device. The second way is to use the Twitter app. The third way is to choose Twitter Lite as the tool.
- Checking on a desktop device
If you are intended see what is trending on Twitter on your desktop, follow these steps;
- First, go to www.twitter.com on your web browser and sign in with your username and password.
- Next, click on the “# Explore” option on the screen. You can also use the link www.twitter.com/explore to open it.
- Now, just navigate to the “trends” section to see the latest trending hashtags and topics. If you want to see more topics, click on the “show more” option.
As a result, you can see the trend box on the Home timeline, Notifications tab, Lists tab, Bookmark tab, search results, and profile pages.
- Using the Twitter app
Use these steps to see what is trending on Twitter with your application;
- Open your Twitter app on your android or iOS phone, and enter your credentials to log into your account.
- Now go to the Explore tab. To do that, find the magnifying glass icon from the menu bar and click on it.
- Finally, you can see the current list of Twitter trends.
- View trending topics via Twitter Lite
You can also use Twitter Lite to see trending topics. Follow these steps;
- First, open mobile.twitter.com in your mobile browser and log into your account.
- Next, click on the “# icon” option from the menu bar to open the “Explore” tab.
- Finally, you just need to scroll down to see more trending topics and the latest news on your phone.
Thank you for reading this post. You can use all these three methods for watching trending topics. If there is a problem with your web browser or Twitter app, just write a message to Twitter customer support and ask for help.