Does this happen to you that you cannot log into your Facebook account? Well, it seems strange, but this is common among Facebook users. The reason why this bug occurs is idiopathic in most cases. However, we can guess this problem is because of improper cookies, a bad internet connection, or a misfunctioning with your Facebook app on your phone.
This article will show you the main paths that will work more than %90 in fixing your problem quickly.
How to fix “Why did Facebook log me out“ problem?
As we mentioned above, there are lots of reasons that can contribute to a problem with your account login. Here, we have collected leading six solutions that you can use to fix your problem as soon as possible;
- Clear your cache & cookies
In some cases, damaged cookies or improper cache can lead to account login issues. So why not try to delete them entirely?
If you are using Chrome, you need to take these steps to clear your cache and cookies;
- First, click on the “three-dot” icon at the top-right corner in the Chrome browser
- Now select “More tools” and go to “Clear browsing data.”
- After that, tick “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files” options
- Finally, click on the “Clear data” button to clear caches and cookies.
You are also can only clear cache for the Facebook website. If you use the Facebook app for your daily use, there is also a way to clear the application’s cache.
If your phone is iOS version;
- Open your iPhone’s settings
- Scroll until you see the Facebook app, and then tap on it.
- Look for a “Clear cache” option. If the toggle next to it is green, tap it to clear the app’s cache.
If your phone is Android version;
- Go to the “Settings” on your device
- Tap on “Storage” in your Android settings.
- After that, click on Internal Storage under Device Storage
- Click on “Cached data”
- Finally, select OK when a dialog box appears asking if you are sure you want to clear all app cache.
- Change your Facebook password
In some cases, you find evidence that your account has been hacked, and you need to use another device to log in. It would be best to change your Facebook account password from time to time to enhance your online security. To change your password, follow these steps;
- Firstly, log in to your Facebook account
- Now click on the “down-arrow” icon at the top-right corner of the screen
- click on “Settings & Privacy” and then “Settings”
- Now select “Security and Login”
- Finally, click on the “Edit” button next to “Change password” and enter a new password for your Facebook account.
- Check Remember Me option when logging in
If you are using Facebook more than once in 24 hours, you can check the “Remember me” box when you log into your Facebook account. To activate the option, you just need to log in to your account and enter your username and password. In this case, Facebook will ask you if you want to auto-login; you can accept that only if you only use the device.
- Update or reinstall your Facebook app
Never try to roll out Facebook glitches, especially if you are logging out randomly. If you want to get rid of them, try to update or reinstall your application. Go to Settings on your phone and find the Facebook app to uninstall it. After that, you can go to the app store to download and install Facebook again on your phone.
- Facebook session expired issue
As you know, Facebook uses sessions to identify the Facebook account is within its service or not. When the session is expired, Facebook servers will log you out.
To fix the problem, you can simply log into your account again and start a new session or find reasons for session expiration, which could be application glitches, Suspicious browser extensions, or application needs an update.
Can I log into my Facebook account more than one device at a time?
The answer is yes. Facebook will let you log into multiple devices and stay logged into those devices simultaneously. You can log in to various devices and browsers from numerous locations without Facebook logging any devices out.
How can I know if someone is trying to log into my Facebook account?
There are several possible ways to find out if your account is vulnerable to penetration, but the best way is to change your password time by time. Furthermore, as an extra precaution, change your email password too. If someone is logging into your Facebook account with two-factor authentication turned on, they may have gained access to your email account too.
Thank you for reading this article. With these five methods, you are able to fix the problem in %90 of the cases. However, If Facebook still keeps logging out, you can report the problem to Facebook Help Center to see if they can help you.